Thursday, December 11, 2008

Status of Muslims in India

I was on a trip to hyderabad recently. On the way, I had experienced what I might call post-terrorism India, or maybe its my imagination.

One thing i have to agree, after the terrorist operations, i do see muslims with a bit of suspicion. I cant help it. Its like my brain automatically scans for them, and then it tries to see if they have any "weapon" on them. I also try my best not to aggrevate them and then i would always stay away from densly populated area's of you know who. I am being quite frank here.

On this trip i saw that we had a middle aged muslim in our 6 berth zone. Thats it, i began suspecting things. Now please dont make a conclusion that I am against them or something. I have had muslim friends, but i was helpless, moreso because the terrorists had announced that they would hijack trains during that period. My mind took over and made all kinds of conclusions.

Now i was sure i would stay up most of the night. But then, after him followed his two daughters. I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness i thought, maybe I would live another day. So we sat there, and he got the berth on top - opposite to mine and a pal of mine took the middle berth. My frnd here, was alotted the lower berth, but he took the middle one. I then asked him, with an unmistakable pinch of fear, whether they could take the lower berth or whether they wanted us to move. He said without looking up "Ham adjust kar lenge" (we'll adjust)

If you have ever been in an Indian train, then you'll know that the backrest while you sit down will convert into the middle berth. So later on one side was taken down so that all people could sit down, and the other was still there where his daughters were sleeping. This poor guy was up all the time, although he was sleepy, because my frnd took the upper berth now, and i took the other one (the one that acutally belonged to this middle aged gentleman). He waited and waited and then once the middle berth was pulled up his side, he silently went there and slept.

Now why I would say this is different is, if it was anyone else, even me for that sake, i would have asked the person who occupied my place to kindly move. Because that would be the place allotted to me after all. This guy didnt do that. He just quietly "adjusted" and did all things without causing any "inconvenience to others".

Now this is sad you know, because of a few morons with dysfunctional dicks, the others have to suffer. These guys are now trying to prove that they are good. Thats a sad state you would agree, because it is in reality another form of torture. It is definitely discomforting if you have to give up things to prove your a good person. I hate this, and i wish we all could live in peace. But then i also wished the parliament blew up and the politicans died. Sigh. I hate those terrorists.

No comments: